After a week full of hectic schedules and projects, parents and children like to relax and put their feet up for a weekend. When conversations over dinner table are overtaken by grunts and nods or furiously tapping on the smartphone, the bonding time for kids and parents become very less. There is no “catching up” with the recent happenings at schools, friends in the family leaving them clueless about each other. The fact remains that we get only one day off and a visit outside the city isn’t possible at all times. Dinner or lunch is a perfect opportunity for the family to come together and discuss everything under the sun albeit the smartphones need to be banned. Capital grill and Jimbu thakali provide such ambiance for friends and family.
Dinner or Lunch shouldn’t simply mean eating together; it is an opportunity of having us all together. They create a positive and nurturing environment while modeling priceless life skills: love, social skills, and healthy eating habits.
Here are some of the advantages of eating together:
- Cooking or eating out a healthy, hygienic meal you are showing your child love by simply fueling your child’s brain and body with the nutrition necessary for healthy growth and development.
- The experience of cooking together or even ordering the food together attunes each other to the likes and dislikes of the other and sharing them helps enhance their palate while the background conversations help the catching up the process.
- You can encourage your child to help you with the meals. Make this experience positive and fun by giving them “hands-on” activities like kneading the dough, squeezing oranges, or mashing potatoes or even setting up the table. If you make the activities fun, you will always have a helping hand in the kitchen. Additionally, your child gains competency by mastering these new skills of cooking.
- Children love rituals. Rituals give them feelings of safety and security. As we encourage bedtime rituals, we can encourage eating rituals. Eating a certain meal on certain days at the same place every week or month helps them fondly look forward to that day.
- By sitting down and taking the time to together as a family, you are sending your child the message that he/she is important to you. When a child understands that the parents want to spend time with them they tend to build confidence and feel loved and often hear what you have to say. Even if you have just had an argument before dinner, you can model to your child forgiveness and not dwelling on issues. You are modeling emotional regulation for your child and the message of love is still very clear.
We at Jimbu thakali value family, togetherness and the importance of good and healthy food and strive to create a wholesome experience for our patrons. With a small play section to engage little kids and great food, we strive to create good memories of families visiting us- full of love mouthwatering food and conversations over it. Hopefully, a meal at Jimbu thakali becomes a part of your family ritual. Bon appetit!